Socialhood does not process tweets from outside the United States and does not target users outside of the United States. While privacy is important to us, we have not completed the process to become GDPR compliant at this time. However, we can provide a brief list of how we use personal data:
- The website uses Google Analytics, in which Google stores cookies as well. Google Analytics is used to see anonymous usage trends.
- The website uses Google Adsense to display advertisements, in which Google stores cookies as well. Google Adsense may track your usage across websites outside of Socialhood.
- The website allows login with Social Media accounts including Facebook and Google. We use Auth0 for this service and will be working towards GDPR compliance with them shortly.
- When you login using Facebook or Google, we request your Email address, Full Name, Approximate age, and approximate location. We will not contact you for marketing reasons and we will not sell your personal information.
- When you access the site, we store your IP address in our web logs. Auth0 also stores your IP address when you login. This is required to protect our service from misuse by IP addresses. Our web logs are purged after 30 days.
- When accessing certain pages on our site, including the Search page, we ask for your exact location in order to provide local details. We use FourSquare's Location API service. This service may store your exact location and IP address in their logs.
- At this time, your posts do not retain exact location details. They are tied to the location you decide to use for the post.
- If you would like to delete your account or other information, we would be happy to do so. You can contact us at
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information includes your email, full name, and approximate age, which you submit to us through the registration process at the Site.
1. Information collected via Technology
To use the Service to view content, you do not need to provide any information. However, in an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
The Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser.
2. Information you provide us by registering for an account
II. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
III. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
IV. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
V. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
VII. CONTACT US